(Phnom Penh): Prime Minister Hun Sen presided over the annual meeting and direction-setting for year 2018 and the inauguration ceremony of new five-story administrative building which will become a great legacy for the next generation of civil servants of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries in the afternoon of 2 May 2018.
The Premier, during the meeting, provided six effective and applicable recommendations for all civil servants and relevant institutions working in related field to promote the agricultural sector as following:
1) Continue to promote human resources in Cambodia to further develop the sector by encouraging them to engage in high-tech agriculture and conduct agricultural research.
2) Promote agricultural diversification and food processing and strive to increase processed product innovations to supply the market demand.
3) Encourage farmers to raise livestock to supply onto the market and ensure the quality of meat and safety of consumers.
4) Run investigations and protect swamp forests from further destruction.
5) Promote aquaculture practices, protect swamp forests and increase crop production.
6) Ensure protection and preservation of forests, increase reforestation efforts and prevent forest crime.