(Phnom Penh): In the morning of 16 October 2017, the National Assembly’s Standing Committee conducted a meeting under the highest presidency of Samdech Akka Moha Ponhea Chakrey Heng Samrin, President of the National Assembly.
The General Secretariat of the National Assembly, after the meeting ended, issued an official press release on its outcomes as listed below:
– Discussed and approved the amendments to election laws
– Discussed and approved the amendments to the Law on the Election of Commune/Sangkat Council
– Discussed and approved the amendments to the Law on the Election of Members of the National Assembly
– Discussed and approved the amendment to the Law on Elections of Capital Council, Provincial Council, Municipal Council, District Council and Khan Council
– Discussed and approved the draft of New Validation Agreement Between European Patent Organisation and Cambodia.
– Discussed and approved on the draft amendment to articles 37, 38, 109, and 136 of the Law on the Patent and Utility Model Certificates and Industrial Designs promulgated by Royal Kram Nº NS/RKM/0103/005 dated January 22, 2003
– Discussed and approved the draft amendment to articles 6, 51, 42, and 59 of the Law on Fisheries.
“The amendment is not intended to aim at any individual or political party but to narrow loopholes of the laws which have never been discussed before,” Samdech Krolahom Sar Kheng, Minister of Interior spoke in front of the meeting hall.